Sunday 18 September 2011

A Great Great North Run

Here I am sat at the PC feeling pretty chuffed with myself. Not only did I make it round in under 2:20 , I smashed my prediction of 2.17 and in fact completed the run in 2:12:45
I felt good, the temperature was good (not too hot, not to cold- just the right amount of rain to cool things down).The band playing on the first roundabout over the Tyne Bridge before the Felling bypass played The Blaydon Races as I approached followed by Keep Your Feet Still Geordie Hinny as I departed down towards Gateshead Stadium. What more could you want? And I was home in about an hour of finishing. To add icing to the cake we came back via the Tyne Tunnel. I have never been through the Tyne Tunnel and I was quite excited by this unexpected route home. 

All in all today was a good day.

Yesterday was good too. We Skyped with our son in Bordeaux. Our first experience of Skypeing. (if there is such  a word)

No comments: