Thursday 15 September 2011

Great North Run 2011

Another year and , come this Sunday , another Great North Run. What with all my extra Marathon training I am expecting an improvement on last years time- which was itself an improvement on 2009's time.

I'll stick my neck out and say I will do it in 2:17. I am actually hoping for faster but feel like I have a cold coming and I had to stop and walk on a run home from work earlier in the week as I felt so crap. In any case way I will enjoy the race and the build up - actually I hate the build up but you know you're not allowed to say that really.

This year of course this isn't the culmination of my training.That is still 3 weeks away in the cold and damp of Kielder when I take on the Marathon for only the second time. That is a challenge I am going to enjoy even if it almost kills me. I have lost a few extra pounds this year with all the additional training so I am the lightest I have been for a long time. This should see me in good stead for this Sunday's run and the Marathon.

Onto other news ,daughter is back from Malta- with a tattoo!!!! Can't really say much as the wife has one. Sailor Boy eventually turned up so she came back very happy.
Son is in France in Bordeaux starting his year abroad. He has just sorted himself out some accommodation after 10 days in a hotel. The wife is still on the Dukan diet and has now lost 10 pounds.

The dog is still, well, the dog.

No comments: