Tuesday 28 June 2011

Long Hot Summer

I don't know about the long bit but it has definitely been ridiculously hot these last few days.

I am still in the middle of sorting our finances and the rather tiresome process of remortgaging. The whole process is  different to the last time we did this 5 years ago.. Back then I wandered into my local Bradford and Bingley and asked if they would lend us some more money. The only debate was how much more money they would lend and a sort of negative bidding process with the  B&B offering more and me saying actually I don't want that much. I do remember leaving the office thinking this can't be right and I wasn't surprised they went bust a couple of years later.

Anyway, this time round it is rather different. The girl on the phone keeps on ringing back asking for more and more information- leading to frantic hunts for photo id, payslips proof of residency etc followed by hurried photocopying and special delivery letters containing details of my life just in the hope we get a better deal.

Still this is sort of a make or break for us- 15k a year down on salary since my wife's redundancy in 2009 - down to the last tranche of her redundancy money, failure to get this deal could mean selling the house or worse.

No comments: