Saturday 4 June 2011

Fundraising

I have contributed to two fundraising events this week. The first was simply a donation to someone cycling from  Lands End to John O'Groats's for charity. The second involved me and the wife going out for a meal.

My daughter is off to Thailand and Laos for a month In July after she finishes her exams. This is a  trip organised through her school by World Challenge. Part of the deal is that she has to raise at least some of the money herself and do community work whilst she is out there.


Her World Challenge team organised a fundraiser at a local restaurant this week( luckily the owner’s son is a friend of hers) and that is how we ended up eating out on a Monday night.

South East Asian ( principally Vietnamese) cuisine doesn’t figure very highly on my list of must eat foods but I admit I was pleasantly surprised by the venue, and the quality on offer. Here is a link to the website.

The venue is in a newish part of Newcastle off the Boulevard called Waterloo Square,I had a very nice Pad Chai with vegetables and tofu for my main after some spicy squid rings with  plum and tamarind dips. It's not particularly cheap (we had a fixed price menu of £20 for three courses) but it's not outrageously expensive either. For what its worth, if you are in Newcastle and want to go out for a meal I would recommend it.

No comments: