Friday 17 June 2011

Bit of a quiet time in the house. My daughter is in her bunker-i.e. bedroom- revising (we hope) for her A levels. My son is not yet home although he is returning this week sometime “for the summer” Oh Joy.

Work is pretty flat at present nothing much on the go and I am trying to sort out our finances longer term- not something I enjoy doing but it has proved quite sobering.
My running is going well with minimum aches and pains. I am tired though and am going to bed earlier.

On the self sufficiency front the potatoes are growing well, my apple tree has about a dozen apples. Sadly no plums or pears this year. On a more positive note the tomato plants are doing well.


Music wise I am listening to 6 music on the way to and from work and whilst out with the dog during the week and when I am running. So I am listening to a lot of 6 music. I have been impressed by Sleigh Bells, impressed by Nemone on a Sunday morning and super impressed by Marc Riley in the evenings during the week. Steve LM on the Drive Time show of course is still great and I even quite like Sean Keaveney in the morning – although his constant whingeing about being tired is a put off. For God sake man you have a dream job playing music for a living shut up whingeing and just remind yourself each morning how damn lucky you are.

No comments: