Wednesday 10 October 2012

Costa Del Sol

Me and the wife have been away for a well deserved holiday to Spain.

We hadn't been to the Andalucia for 30 years when we toured campsites round the region the Summer we graduated. This time we stayed in a 5 star timeshare just outside Marbella. The resort was OK but not 5 star , and at about 150 metres off the main A7 a tad noisy from the traffic that roared along day and night.

But the sun shone the whole time and after a 30 year delay we got to go to La Mezquita in Cordoba. That was worth the trip alone.

I had done some pre holiday practice of my Spanish and that stood me in good stead and I had no problems communicating. After my Cuba experiences I had been worried that I was losing my Spanish but this proved to be unfounded. I was relieved by this as despite my seeming indifference when asked, I love Spain, the country, the culture and language and its people.

Now, back at work and freezing cold I can only look back and wonder that this time last week I was lying round the pool in 30degree heat.

No comments: