Wednesday 26 September 2012

Please, Posh,no more

Posh v Bristol City was another defeat. My wife texted me asking how the match was. My reply "Alternates between poor and pitiful" came before Mark Little's incomprehensible decision to pass the ball to one of their strikers who promptly put the ball in the net.

The quality of football was dire and with the low attendance gave the impression of an end of season League Two match between two sides who had nothing to play for, rather than an early season match in the one of the most watched Leagues in the world.

We lost again against Wolves last Saturday and judging by reports of the game we were even worse  well than in the match I watched.

Football though we must remember, particularly in the aftermath of the recent Hillsborough report, is only a game. Its not really worth getting upset about and is definitely not worth dying for.

I hope that those who lied, dissembled and covered up the deaths at Hillsborough are brought to justice. Sadly, though I don't think they will be.

No comments: