Wednesday 13 January 2010

No More Snow

At least I hope not. The snow has mostly melted now although some pavements on my route to work are still treacherous. Funny but it seems colder now the snow is no longer covering everything. Must be because there is a biting wind blowing(gently, thank God!)

It's a cliche but I hate January. It's dark, cold, bleak with nothing yet to look forward to. Those long bright days of Summer are still a distant promise too far away to be real.

It was like working a night shift at work today. It was overcast and miserable all day.No brightness at all.

My wife has heard she didn't get two of the jobs she went for. She wont be happy with that and I am beginning to get a bit worried about her. She is down and slipping I fear into depression. She isn't well either which doesn't help. Not a good time to be unemployed (although when is a good time).

No comments: