Sunday 26 February 2012

Suede & Brett Anderson

One of my musical regrets is never having seen Suede Live. At the beginning I loved Animal Nitrate and Brett Anderson's voice but didn't care too much for the whole saviour of British rock n roll image that the music press surrounded the band with in the lead up to the Brit pop era. So in my usual way of attempting to be cool and ignore what the mainstream press like I tried hard to ignore them although I was always intrigued by Brett Anderson's pose and David Bowie influenced vocals

A few years later I heard the single New Generation and thought that it was superb. But timing is everything in life. I had two small kids to look after and gig going wasn't a priority and living in the North East means bands don't always come here. By the time the kids were a bit older and I had more time, the band had split up.

I was tidying up in the front room yesterday and picking CDs up off the floor and I came across the Brett Anderson's and Bernard Butler's reunion band The Tears 2005 CD Here Come The Tears . Curious, as I haven't played it in years, I popped it into the Bose and was absolutely blown away by the album.To be honest it's like a lost Suede CD and it is very good.

In particular I loved this track. It's loud, it gets under your skin and makes you want to be young, in love and in London. It reminded me of being young and in love and in London. It's one of those songs that makes you glad to be alive and fills you with energy and desire.

Lovers- The Tears

3 comments:

BA said...

I'm sure you can see them perform again now Suede is re-united, I just saw them perform in Bangkok two days ago and even bumped into the guys at the airport and had a bit of a chat.

TH said...

Thanks for that I hadn't realised they were back together again.

Anonymous said...

I am a late Suede fan. I saw them live in Paradiso last January 2016 just to accompany my brother who' s quite a fan. I was glad I did! Now, I'm a fanatic and got almost all their CDs. Gonna watch them at the Down the Rabbit Hole festival in the Netherlands.