Monday 27 December 2010

Songs You Should Hear

It's the Monday after Christmas. The world has gone shopping, at least they have here in Newcastle. We made the mistake of going into Eldon Square with our son to buy him some decent shoes.Does that sound middle aged??!!But, in my opinion, canvas shoes and a foot of snow don't go well together!!

Anyway on the way back home this idea popped into my head for this Blog. So, occasionally , every now and then and if I remember ( is that enough caveats?) I will post a link to a song you really should hear.

This is the first one. A great, great song by David Gedge's other band Cinerama. 


I saw Cinerama in late 2003 and they played this song as part of their set in the tiny Global Cafe upstairs in Newcastle University Student Union. That set and this song in particular reaffirmed my, almost lost, belief both in Gedge as a near genius of modern rock and my belief in music as a powerful emotional tool capable of bringing you face to face with real raw emotions, forcing you to deal with them.Turn it up loud

Wow ( extended Version) - Cinerama

No comments: