Friday 25 September 2009

Big Weekend

Well, coming up is probably the biggest milestone weekend since we moved to Newcastle from London 18 years ago.Tomorrow we are taking our son to University in London. The wheel comes full circle (well, almost). Dunno how he is feeling but we are both scared and excited for him. I am sitting here at work and I feel a bit like crying. I will miss him, he is a nice boy. Actually he is a nice young man.

Our boy is leaving home.Will he ever come back to live with us full time? I don't think so. Neither I nor my wife did after we left to go to Uni.An end of an era indeed.

And now here I will be outnumbered in the house, two women to gang up on me.

And what is even more scary is that in two years time we will ( I hope) be doing it all again for our daughter and then it will be just me and the wife again. Together alone in the house all the time. For the first time in twenty years.

No comments: