Monday 14 September 2009

Blue Monday

The weather has changed.It now feels and looks and smells like autumn. Oh well, it wasn't a bad summer. No it wasn't Mediterranean hot but this is the North East ffs.

My lust for new music continues. I need to change the contents of my 2GB MP3 player to reflect this as I am getting a bit bored with it's playlist now.

The wife is still off work today. She has recovered from her allergic reaction only to go down with an absolute stinker of a cold, courtesy of her Dad. I am finishing early today as quote

"You didn't come home early once last week"

I have moved offices within my building. It is a much bigger, more plush office and, dare I say it, more befitting the manager's office than my previous pokey little cubby hole. However, it is more isolated from the team. I am now down the end of a corridor and I can't join in or even overhear the office banter. I can't even hear the phone ringing.

This does mean though that I am getting through loads of work and I can put LastFm on and play my library without being overheard.!!So , I suppose, there are some benefits. It will take some getting used to though.It will mean more getting up and about and wandering round the office to see what is going on. Like you see managers in McDonalds walking about exhorting their staff to get those fries and shakes out. At least you used to, I can't remember the last time I was in a McDonalds.

At home the atmosphere is tense. My son is behaving very badly and moodily. Yes I know he is 18 but he hasn't really behaved like this before. It is of course the pressure and the waiting to go off to Uni. Less than 14 days now. He hates it when I say something like " Did you realise that this is your penultimate Sunday in Newcastle?" So does my wife but for totally different reasons.

We will both miss him lots ,but I think my wife will take it hard.

She has a stressful couple of months ahead, and I suppose by implication so do I.
By next month she will either have secured a big promotion or will be facing redundancy.As I have said before she will be paid off handsomely but that is not what she wants. If she is made redundant it means some life changing decisions will have to be made. Moving? Taking Harriet out of school? Tough times ahead.

Running wise I am as prepared as usual for GNR ( that means that I could have done more but I have done enough to get solidly round in a good if somewhat unremarkable time). I am looking forward to it this year for the first time for a couple of years.

I predict a time of 2:20 . We'll see.

No comments: