Monday 24 January 2011

Come in , your time is up

I am going through one of my  more dislocated phases.  This is where I turn up at work, do the bare minimum ,  go home, do the bare minimum etc and exist in  a parallel life of my own mind’s making. This happens to me every now and then and can last for ages- months/years even. Sometimes I look back at my life and wonder if I have just been going through the motions for most of it. Whole years just seem to have slipped by without me noticing.
 
I am reading this book  59 seconds as part of my  attempt to shake myself out of this mood. I have also started running two months earlier than usual.This is having a positive effect.  As I get older I am realising I have less time to waste. I need to maximise what is left of my three score and 10. I owe it to my wife, my children and more importantly to myself.
 
 

No comments: