Friday 28 January 2011

Review

Reading back over my posts for this month has been a bit depressing. I seem to be suffering from the classic “winter blues” not uncommon at this time of year. Yet I don’t think that this is really true of me. Yes January is a very long month and yes it is bleak, dark and miserable but I think I am still presenting myself as upbeat, relaxed and cheerful.
 
This did get me thinking though about the way I behave. People think of me as relaxed, cheerful etc etc but am I really? Is that just my public façade and I really am as miserable and bleak and dark as some of these January’s scribblings seem to indicate? Am I tortured inside living a lie and desperately unhappy. Well I guess like most people some days and some parts of days I am.
 
Perhaps it’s just easier to be miserable when you are writing. It’s a deeper well of emotion and maybe a natural default if you are trying to express emotion in words or in music. Maybe it gets people’s attention more easily.

After I wrote this I caught news on the radio that public confidence has dipped to its lowest point for a couple of years.  

No comments: