Saturday 19 September 2009

Great North Run 2009

Yep it's that time of year again

I have trained and I am as ready as I will ever be. I am hoping for a PB but it wont happen. I am content to get round and feel that real sense of achievement that finishing a race brings. I will make promises to myself to enter more runs next year but I probably won't. Although I will aim for the Blaydon and the Sunderland Run next year.

I am reading a good book by Haruki Murakami " What I talk about when I talk about running". It turns out that quite like me and most other runners he doesn't think or talk about much except how fast he is going, what hurts,what he can see. I like this book though and if you are a runner it makes you realise that everyone is thinking just what you are thinking.He also talks about how hte discipline of running has helped him in other areas of his life and I agree with that too. He has agreat phrase which I have adopted for myself "Pain is inevitable. suffering is optional"You can buy it here

No comments: