Friday 13 May 2011

Songs You Should Hear-Maid In Heaven

The return of my occasional series is highlighting a song that has been downloaded the most from my online selection. I haven’t ever posted it here so it must be downloads from people searching for it online. Hence my belief that this is a song that people really want to hear.
 
Its not particularly obscure, not particularly hard to get hold of in CD or vinyl form, but it is a particularly great song.
 
Be Bop Deluxe were my first big musical crush. I was obsessed by them between 1974 and the end of1976 and the punk storm that blew most things away (for a while at least) . I still have a fondness for Bill Nelson ( the inspiration force of the band) and check his website (here) out regularly and have been known to buy his increasingly  esoteric solo output . I have written about him before  so won’t repeat myself. But he is  a genius. He can make that guitar sing.



Maid In Heaven- Be Bop Deluxe

No comments: