Monday 9 May 2011

Cloud Cult

I have been meaning to write something about this band for ages. It is a band I discovered via a music Blog. I downloaded the track, loved it and promptly bought all their stuff available on their website. So there DMCA, music Blogs are promoting artists and bringing them to people’s attention not destroying them. Now I can’t claim to do this with every track I downloaded but if I really fall in love with the music I do buy the product. So for me, it’s all about the art. Blogs are just another way of getting your art seen and heard by more people.

Anyway to the band in question.Their music sums up all that is good about mixing classical instruments with guitar bass and drums. There is a space in the songs that to me reflects the open spaces of where the music is conceived. Craig Minowa's voice is not technically perfect (like another singer whose band I also love- Danny McNamara of Embrace) but it fits perfectly with the music.

It helps that heir website is slick and upto date and you can stream their songs on the player. It helps that they include lots of personal stuff that draws you into them and gives another dimension to their work. It helps that they are concerned about the environment and take steps to ensure they are as far as possible not polluting the world.

I hope to see them one day. I really like them. I think you will too.

No comments: