Friday 26 June 2009

Parenthood

The wife and me are back on speaking terms but quite cool.My daughter has got over her disappointment much quicker than the wife.Life goes on when you're young.There are always more opportunities and doors to open for you because you have time on your side. Its only when you're older you realise that opportunities don't always knock twice.

My son is off in Germany on his post A level Deutch tour with his mate.This song by German Punk Band Die Toten Hosen is one of his favourite songs, although he says he prefers German rap. This song is sort of a companion to James' Sit Down and Chumbuwumbas Knocked Down (its called Steh Auf- Stand Up-) and its quite uplifting my son says and apparently about dealing with adversity, as in Steh Auf wenn du am boden bist- Stand up when you're on the floor.Sorry my German is almost non existent and between me and Babbelfish that was the best I could do. I suppose a more free translation would be Get up off the floor and carry on.Anyway its a cracking song.

Die Toten Hosen- Steh Auf

That's for you Guy. Enjoy your tour round your beloved Germany.Come back safe

No comments: