Monday 29 June 2009

Too Hot

Well it has been hot here in the North East.By our standards, 20c is pretty damn hot.

The weekend was fine we went (for the wife and me for the first time) to Nando's in town- my daughter's favourite restaurant. It's a funny place, sort of a hybrid of Pizza Hut and McDonalds but my portobello mushroom and haloumi cheese burger was surprisingly tasty. I liked the peri peri salted chips I chose as well but I was thirsty for the rest of the day! A quick bit of Googling reveals this Anyway it was OK but we wont be rushing back as the veggie selection was limited.
It was too hot for me to go for my run yesterday so I took the dog on a longer than usual second walk instead, he was exhausted at the end of it.

Stayed up late Friday and Saturday for the BBC Glastonbury coverage. They didn't show much of Neil Young (boo) but we did get a big chunk of The Boss.If things had been different i.e. my wife hadn't fallen out with her sister- (see here) I might have been at Hyde Park on Sunday to see him. I was almost converted to the cause by watching him perform at Glastonbury. He is a proper showman and showed respect to his audience and the occasion.

The rest of the TV coverage was predictable but it still made me want to be there, only not as much as in previous years. Our last festival was T in the Park some five years ago. Never much fancied Glastonbury - too many weirdo hippy associations from the late 70's and early 80's for me.

No comments: