Thursday 2 July 2009

Hot Hot Hot

Still too damn hot in this place, but at least the sun has come out again after a very muggy and sweaty couple of days.This has meant that I haven't done much running this week. I had intended to run home last night but the heavens opened, there was thunder and lightning as bad as Canada last year so I got my wife to give me a lift instead.

The wife is not happy. Her new boss has produced a new structure that downgrades her role and salary. She is upset. I am trying to get her to be angry and challenge the assumptions made. Her boss has come from the private sector and is now working for the NHS to "give something back". There are enougth twats around in the public sector already without arrogant ones coming in from the private sector to add to it.

After the weekend TV Glastonbury Fest I am missing live music again. I only have 1 gig on the horizon - Fleet Foxes in September and I haven't been to a gig since last December and The Wedding Present. Talking of which the Bass player with TWP, Terry de Castro, has a solo album out. It's an album of covers (including a Wedding Present and Cinerama one). Its lo fi acoustic vibe and Terry's distinctive voice makes it an really good summer's evening listen.Its called A Casa Verde and you can buy it here. If you're in London tomorrow night you can catch her and Decoration and The Container Drivers PLUS a DJ set from David Gedge himself at The Half Moon in Putney starts at 7pm.Wish I could be there.

No comments: