Wednesday 29 July 2009

Confident and Excited

I don't want you to think I've gone all maudlin on you after Monday's double post In fact, I am feeling quite up. I am getting more confident. I am commenting on other people's blogs.

I am also pathetically excited that The Vinyl Villain has added me to his list of Blogs.That Blog was one of the reasons I started blogging myself and he does find some great music which is really good for music obsessed people like myself. Not many of you are checking this site out but then again I haven't really done any promotion. I am still finding my way, not sure what I am trying to achieve. Some days it's an online diary, others a simple music blog.

For those of you who are interested, my wife and I are on speaking terms and friends again. Which is good as my parents arrive from Norfolk tomorrow for the weekend. I love my parents but don't see them much as they live 200 plus miles away from Newcastle. They are as dull as ditch water but seem quite content in their little bubble of old age and life by the seaside in Hunstanton.

As a youngster we went to Sunny Hunny a couple of times. I think my Dad especially liked it because it was only a couple of hours drive from Ware. I never particularly enjoyed our holidays there - I preferred Wales and the Isle of Wight and I definitely I never thought they'd move there after my younger sister left home to get married. But they did and they have been there longer now than they lived in Ware. Life - it really is funny.

I've mentioned Bill Nelson before and how he was(as part of Be Bop Deluxe) my first musical obsession.I remember going into school on a Monday morning to tell my friends of this great new band I had heard, I would have been 13 or 14 I even wrote some of the lyrics out for them to marvel at.But it was his guitar wizardry that really caught my attention and that of my friend Steve who wasn't a bad guitarist himself.
I checked his website earlier today www.billnelson.com and found he had written a new diary entry- only his second this year.This and the fact my parent's are coming up to visit made me think of his music again.
This song was probably the first one I heard by Be Bop on Alan Freeman's Saturday afternoon show on Radio 1. I remember seeing the posters for the album in record shop (remember them!) windows whilst on holiday on the Isle of Wight.Very early to mid 70's prog rock, man



Axe Victim - Be Bop Deluxe

No comments: