Tuesday 21 July 2009

Music

I loaded up some new stuff on the MP3 player over the weekend, this song came up on my run home from work tonight. Kennedy -A classic track from The Wedding Present. This is a live version from a gig in Koln in 2006.

The Wedding Present and Cinerama should be massive but Gedge is a contrary bloke and seems to content to play to his hardcore fanbase. I have to admire him for his adherence to the principles of punk. Its his way or no way, even when he was signed to a major label(RCA). I mean Ukrainian songs and a single a month!!! No wonder they dropped them like hot bricks as soon as they could.

Kennedy- The Wedding Present

Guitar based music doesn't get any better than this in my opinion. Sure it's not his best song ever but it rocks my world every time I hear it either live or on CD. Go Get 'Em, David.

No comments: