Sunday 21 February 2021

2021

It's Birthday week in this house. Tomorrow my daughter is 28. That's hard to believe. Even harder to believe is that on Thursday my son reaches 30. Both these birthday make me feel extremely old. I am also a feeling at a bit of a loss now when it comes to giving advice to my son. When I turned 30 I had been married to his Mum for 5 years we were both in good permanent jobs and had a mortgage for 7 years and he had been born a month earlier. I feel that my life experiences post 30 are so different to what he will face as a single man living in a rented house share in the East End of this city that I've got nothing of relevance to say to him anymore. But I will carry on trying to give wise fatherly advice which he will for the most part ignore.So nothing different there. I shouldn't worry should I. . .

No comments: