Thursday 23 July 2009

Tyneside Cinema

My wife is A big Harry Potter fan. Me I can take it or leave it. We went out last night to see the latest Potter epic at the Tyneside Cinema. My wife wanted to be in the Classic Circle where you can - according to the website- ..(relax)in the comfort of our original 1930s art deco gem The Classic, kitted out with leather sofas.
Well this is a bit of an exaggeration as the decor is barely art deco- what's left of it- the sofas could easily be plastic and I am definitely not convinced it was worth £9.80 a ticket. Nevertheless it was a rare night out for us on our own and this buys me some credit with the wife after her weekend moan. Here is the Cinema's website. If you are in Newcastle and fancy a a foreign language or off the wall type film, the Tyneside Cinema is for you.It's better than popcorn, hot dog stinking chain cinemas at least, if no cheaper.

We went out for a meal first on the Quayside at Big Mussel, one of my favourite places to eat as I love mussels. Food was good as always.I had 1kg pot with amatriciana sauce and a pint of Amstel. The wife had the 1kg classic mussels and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.We both shared some olives and a basket of bread as a starter. Cost £26.05. Not bad really.

The film is over long but quite gripping and really aimed at young adults rather than children.

We got our son to drive into town and pick us up after. Funny!!

Hope and Social again, another free track that is available from their website . Again I really rate this band and you should check them out here

Oh My Darling- Hope and Social

No comments: