Monday 27 July 2009

Its a funny old thing, life

As I get older I seem to increasingly reflect on my life. That was part of the reason for me starting to write this Blog I wanted to reflect on my life and loves (the title of the Blog gives a clue as to what they may be). Part of me yearns for the carefree optimism and selfishness of youth, maybe because I see my 18 year old son being well just young and self absorbed (OK may be he is not that bad, but you get my general picture). He is young and full of ideals and dreams, he is never going to work for some corporation or a suntanned boss. Anyway here I am 48 years old two teenage children a wife asleep in bed as usual (some things never change) working in a job that I have been doing for years.I have many things to be happy about and grateful for but I feel... nothing much really.

Running. Running will keep me sane. It has done for the last 12 years. I have rarely felt the same elation and sense of achievement and worth as when I finish a race.

No comments: