Monday 3 August 2009

Day Off

Off work today.Mum and Dad have gone home. My daughter's Dance show is over- it's back to normal.

The sun is shinning, it's warm and pleasant. I can't believe it's August. We are not going on holiday this year but I am only doing 4 day weeks until the schools go back. Sort of a mini holiday every week. That's how I sold it to the wife anyway.!!!

I might even extend it into September.

My brother -in-law's temporary work at Johnson & Johnson factory has ended. He's back on the dole. Poor bastard.

Me and the wife are off for a walk around Gibside to day. Haven't been there in a while. We were thinking of taking the dog but he's just too anti social.

Bobby Robson- after whom the dog was named ( well, him and Bob Marley)- has died. He seemed a great bloke. I read his autobiography a couple of years ago and he seemed to be really genuine and in love with football. There is a big shrine to him at St James Park. Which is sort of ironic as it was those fuckers who sacked him from his last job in football. Another reason to want them to go down the divisions.

Back to work tomorrow. Oh well, never mind.

I've not had an opportunity to listen to much music this weekend what with the parent's up and having to entertain them and all the fuss and talk of the show.

My Dad is a big Jazz fan, so in his honour I am listening to Dave Brubeck's Time Out. MMM, nice!!

Actually the album is pretty damn good. If you don't believe me, listen to this.

Strange Meadow Lark- Dave Brubeck

This album is one of the main reasons I got into music. My Dad was always playing it and lots of other jazz in the house when he was at home.

Thanks for the legacy, Dad- and don't forget you promised the Bang & Olufsen and your record collection to me, not my brother or sister, me!!!

No comments: