Friday 7 August 2009

Can't Be Arsed Part Two

The apathy and indolence of yesterday has only slightly abated today.

Today is of course Friday and that in itself is a good enough reason not to do any work. I can remember some Fridays from my years with Lambeth Council when we would go to the pub at lunchtime and get pissed and not go back to work. We would put a sign up up on the office door to read "Due to unforeseen circumstances the office will be closed this afternoon" It didn't happen every Friday but we never got found out. Couldn't get away with that these days. You have to be much more subtle now.

For some reason this song has been going round in my head all week.

Maybe its all the stuff in the news about Afghanistan and my son threatening to join the Army. I have posted it before but here it is again. In my opinion it is probably one of the most profound and upsetting songs about war/politicians and youth another being Flags of Freedom by Neil Young

The Easter Parade- Faith Brothers

No comments: