Friday 22 January 2010

Friday's Post

A strange quiet week at work. Very little to do. No complaints, no issues on the estates, not many neighbour disputes, no snow or slippy pavements, no big rush of terminations of tenancies caused by the deaths of OAPS due to the freezing conditions. Just routine, and sometimes routine does bite hard.

Found this on my hard drive the other day whilst I was tidying up my music files. Its the theme song from an old TV programme from 1970 called UFO. This was a Gerry Anderson programme that I loved. It only ran for 1 series but it has stayed with me since. It was a sort of bridge between Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlett 60's Anderson productions and the more sophisticated Space 1999 series. Here is a link to a website about the programme. Below is the theme song.

UFO

It's a bit Austin Powers but it's a good tune. I thought it was only me who remembered this series until The Wedding Present did a cover on a b-side of one of their 7" single a month back in '92. I don't have that on my pc but I will upload that version at a later date.

No comments: