Friday 29 January 2010

Happy Birthday

Today is Kids, Wife, Music and Me's birthday!. This Blog is one year old. That is worrying. Another year has gone by and I am still sat at the same desk in the same organisation- albeit the desk is now in a much nicer part of the office. I decided to write a Blog influenced by some of the links on your left of this post. It has been banal at times but this is real life and real life is quite often banal.

It has been a big year for me. My son is now at Uni in London and loving every minute. I met up with him in Peterborough on Tuesday night as we both watched another sorry performance from our doomed team.

My wife was made redundant from a job she had held for over 10 years in December and is still looking for work. She has her good days and her bad days I am trying to be cheerful all the time, which dear reader is not me! These are two massive life changing experiences. To have them both happen in one year is stressful to say the least.

My daughter is growing up and spreading her wings. She has been out a couple of times clubbing. Luckily she is not that bothered yet about it. That will come I'm sure. The dog is another year older and a bit calmer but still mad like all terriers are

Music wise it has been a quiet year.Only Hope & Social have really grabbed my attention.

So Happy Birthday to me!!! I think I'll keep going.

Here is a cover by my favourite band The Wedding Present of Altered Images' Happy Birthday Not one of their best but it's appropriate on this my Blog's special day

Happy Birthday- The Wedding Present

No comments: