Thursday 17 July 2014

Neil Young at Hyde Park

Last Saturday I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse in Hyde Park. My son was with me.

I got tickets in reality more to see The National than Neil Young. They were excellent and a band I have wanted to see for years. I think they sort of spoiled Neil Young and Crazy Horse for me.

Not too keen on the set Neil played, not many of my favourites. He seemed to realise that the set list wasn't going down too well and, as he went into his solo set half way through he said " You sad bastards stop complaining" to the crowd.That made me smile. You get what you are given from Neil Young. No compromising.You have to admire that. And boy can he play guitar

Not a classic and my son said it was like watching an old bloke and his mates jamming after the first two songs ( Love and Only Love and Going Home)took up the first twenty minutes of the set but it was still worth the trip down to London for me. Another chance to see a true legend.

No comments: