Friday 11 July 2014

World Cup 2

My last post lamented the quality of the football in the knock out rounds of the Brazil World Cup. Then , just to make a fool of me, Germany go and thump Brazil 7-1 in the semi final.I was sat watching it with my wife, our jaws dropping in amazement as the goals went in.

Normal service was resumed the following day with the excruciatingly boring Holland V Argentina semi.

I hope the Germans turn it on again on Sunday and smash the Argentinians. It's not often you'll hear me support the Germans but over the last couple of years having been to Berlin twice and with my son's passion for all things German,I have almost become fond of them.

At least they are a team not like the South Americans who are Messi and 10 other blokes in blue and white striped shirts.

No comments: