Tuesday 7 April 2009

Cheering Myself Up

When I am down or feeling pissed off with life and its many vagaries, or I am feeling miserable because I have been reminded by a random phone call of one of the less than glorious periods of my life and the hurt I caused my beloved wife I listen to music to cheer me up.

Listening to music was never better than when it was your favourite band in session on John Peel's show. So perhaps, if like me you love The Wedding Present and you're down this will cheer you up.

MP3 The Wedding Present- Queen Anne
This was from a session they did in September 2004, their first as the reconstituted Wedding Present (or rather Cinerama renamed). If you like this buy Take Fountain where this song ended up. That album, along with Cinerama's Torino are in my opinion the best work Gedge and his band(s) have ever made. Hats off to Simon Cleave the guitarist on both whose ear for a melody and riff is unmatched. Also Kaari Paavola's drumming and percussion were outstanding on these two albums. Buy them , make David Gedge as rich as he deserves to be.

No comments: