Thursday 16 April 2009

Funerals and running home

I went to a tenant's funeral yesterday at the Crem. I don't usually do this but she was a good person. I don't get to see many of them so I thought I would make the effort and celebrate a good one. The service was a humanist one with a lot of friends and family participation- songs and poems as well as the usual tributes. Perhaps because I wasn't really emotionally involved in it I found it all very uplifting and life affirming which is maybe a strange feeling to get at a funeral. Made me think of my own life- would my friends and relatives be so moved about me dying?

Ran home from work for the first time in 6 months today. It was hard work but I did enjoy it. I like the spring/summer time I feel more alive and active. Not that today was anything like spring or summer at all. The three days of sunshine over Easter have given way to really miserable cold, damp foggy cloudy autumnal weather.

No comments: