Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve In The Workhouse

Well really the Workplace but sometimes it feels like a workhouse. Anyway enough of this Bah! Humbug. It's Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you have a good one. Things are more or less set in my house. It will be a White Christmas as well which is always a bonus.It's time to overindulge and get sentimental.I am already thinking about how I ended up being 48 with a wife and an 18 year old son and sixteen year old daughter.

My wife has decided to not think about jobs for a few days and just enjoy the time with her family. My Sister- in- law and her husband arrived safely from Surrey so we are altogether.

My Mum and Dad drove from Norfolk to Stratford to spend their Christmas as they have done for the last 10 years on a SAGA holiday and then go to my sister's in Didcot. My brother and his family are settled and well so it's all OK for the holidays.

Not everyone will have a good Christmas due to illness, death, relationship breakdown, domestic violence or homelessness.So I urge you to make sure if you are lucky enough to not be in any of those situations that you enjoy yourself and thank whoever, or whatever, you believe in that you can enjoy this time of year.

For me, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Phil Spector's Christmas album. If you don't already own it, then go and buy it on Boxing Day.You can buy it from most decent record shops or from here. It is well worth the fiver or so you will pay for it.

This track is not one of the usual ones you hear from the album but I like it and talk about a voice!. Enjoy your holiday!!

Marshmallow World-Darlene Love

No comments: