Friday 18 December 2009

It's (almost) Christmas Time

Last proper day of work today. I'm in next week but usually it is very very quiet

The first snowfall of the winter here has made it seem much more christmassy- it was pretty cold last night and on my walk to work this morning my ears were ringing with the cold despite my woolly hat.

We took our daughter to the Doctor's yesterday as her cold/flu/whatever was not clearing up. The GP suspects swine flu!! He has prescribed some anti biotics, but not the Tami flu stuff.

I m already sick of Christmas songs because they are always playing the same songs again and again on the radio and as much as I like Frosty The Snowman I am already sick Of Bruce Springsteen telling me I'd better watch out.

There is , however, a new Christmas song by one of my long time favourites - Billy Franks. Billy was the voice and inspiration behind the sadly underachieving 80's band Faith Brothers. Regular readers will have noticed a couple of their songs that have been posted on this blog. Billy is still recording and gigging- around London mostly-_and recently featured in a film "Tribute This"

Anyway here is a link to his song Christmas in Jersey

It will only cost you 79p and its worth it.

Here is a link to his My Space site and his own website where you can buy more of his stuff -including Faith Brothers releases very reasonably.

No comments: