Thursday 18 February 2010

The Beautiful Game

I suppose one of the reasons I love football is the sheer unpredictability of the game. After Saturday's miserable performance, Posh only go and beat Ipswich 3-1. What happened in the three days between games to change an abject performance into a winning one? Perhaps Jim Gannon is as good as some people have said he is. Perhap Roy Keane's Ipswich really are shite.Anyway that is the beauty of football its unpredictability.Just when you think that your team will never win another match, could never win another match , they go and win and win well.

Talking of the Beautiful Game one of my long time favourites Billy Franks ( he of Faith Brothers fame) has posted on his website that he is recording an unofficial World Cup theme song called The Beautiful Game.It's going to be recorded with an African gospel choir and full band so I am interested in this.
Although I am, as you know a major fan of Embrace I wasnt that impressed with World At Your Feet their official England World Cup song four years ago so I am hoping for something better from another of my favourite performers. Here's hoping. I will post links to it when it is released in May.
All profits are going to a charity- this one

My wife has been in a good, positive mood all week, due in part to my son being home at the weekend, the offer of some temporary work and two interviews coming up.It's half term week and I was a bit worried that my wife and daughter would clash but so far, so good. My son went home on Tuesday so the house is quiet again.

Music wise it has been quiet too. I am currently using my portable DAB on the way to and from work mostly listening to Radio 4 or 5Live.Must go- work to do!!!

No comments: