Friday 19 February 2010

UFO

Wth all the release of the declassified information regarding UFO sitings in the UK earlier this week, I was reminded that I had promised in an earlier post to put up The Wedding Present's version of the theme tune of the TV show UFO.

Here it is. UFO- The Wedding Present

This was the B side of the November 1992 single. The A side was Queen of Outer Space, probably my least favourite of their twelve singles that year.

I can well remember going into the local Virgin or HMV in Newcastle each month to get the single before going to work. I was there at 9am on the Monday, before the staff had even unpacked the deliveries. I managed to get each of the singles and of course, I bought the two compilation CDs that came out as well, and the compilation video Dick York's Wardrobe of all the promos. Gedge had his moneysworth out of me that year that's for sure. Willingly given, I hasten to add.

I have been tempted to buy the repackaged DVD but I have resisted that one, so far at least.

I'm off to St James Park tomorrow with the wife to see The Toon play Preston. It will be the second time I have seen Preston play this year. The first time was their 1-0 defeat of the Posh in January which I wrote about earlier. It will also be Darren Ferguson's second visit to the Toon this season. He quit Posh after his last visit, probably in a small part due to the comprehensive thrashing Newcastle gave his team that day.

Having already seen his new team I can't see them troubling Newcastle much, but you know, the thing I love about football is ... etc etc.

No comments: