Wednesday 10 February 2010

Wednesday Week

It's a week since my last post. What has happened since then? Not much really. My wife is still unemployed(but has an interview this Friday). I still have a cold. It is still freezing cold. It snowed again yesterday.

Work wise , there has been a bit of a surprise as a member of my staff has decided to take early retirement. This came out of the blue and I wasn't expecting it. She is new to my office (but not to the organisation) and has a reputation of being difficult. She has been OK for me but I can't say I am too disappointed she has decided to go as her previous managers have all had run ins with her about something and I could do without that.

I have come across a website devoted to my most loved band ever The Distractions

Here is the link. Its worth checking out especially for the songs from 1995. I have written about this band before here but it is hard to convey in words how good I think this band were. Their music is unavailable , long deleted apart from Time Goes By So Slow on the Factory Box Set. Here is a song from their exquisite LP Nobody's Perfect which I hope will convince you to investigate them further.

Stuck In A Fantasy- The Distractions

No comments: