Friday 12 February 2010

Friday's Post

The week is ending on a (relative) high. My son is arriving home on the Mega Bus (he has texted me to say it's like travelling on buses in Africa - he should know he spent a month in Tanzania. My wife's job interview went well and she is through to the final round in a couple of weeks.I have been pretty active today and sorted out a lot of long standing stuff on my desk.

Tomorrow its down to Teeside for Posh v Smoggies with my son.I've not been to The Riverside before so I am looking forward to the trip. We will probably lose but what the hell I didn't expect us to stay up this season so it's not so bad. League 1 is probably where we belong for a season or two. I just hope we don't lose our stars (Boyd,Mackail Smith and Lewis).It probably means the ground move is off but at least we have had a season in the sun and it's still possible for us to get back up in few years and even make Darragh's 7 year plan for Premiership football.... Maybe not and anyway I am not that bothered about top flight football for Posh.This is proper football, proper English football with high balls up front and everyone chasing after the big kick up the pitch from the keeper, the crowd standing in crap terracing and buying ket from even worse catering facilities and don't mention the toilets- stuff I remember from when I was young not the poncey Premiership stuff. A new ground would be nice though.

No comments: