Thursday 25 February 2010

Getting On With It

It's my son's 19th Birthday today. It's the first birthday he hasn't been at home. Mixed emotions are running in the house. We spoke to him briefly this evening. He was in the Pub with his mates.This,I suppose, is how it should be. As always with children the parents miss them more than they miss us. So we are simply getting on with it and adjusting to being peripheral to his life.

My daughter is in love with her Blackberry- her upgrade phone on her mobile phone contract. I must admit I think I would have fallen in love with a Blackberry when I was her age.It's very sci-fi and Star Trekkie.
On her contract she has 600 minutes, unlimited texts and Internet for £30 per month- reducing to £20 a month in September. It's a two year contract from the Carphone Warehouse. The added advantage is that with the Blackberry Messenger you can communicate with other Blackberry users free of charge by Pinging them. It's a bit like Instant Messaging. And you can follow your emails on your phone, play music, take pictures, videos, games and even make phone calls.I think I'll get my son one when his contract expires later this year.Apparently my daughter tells me that at least amongst her friends the Blackberry phone is more popular than even the iPhone. I'll stick with my work Nokia.

Music wise it has been quiet, I am still mostly listening to the Radio. I've got it on now as it happens, listening to Radcliffe and Maconie on Radio Two.

No comments: