Friday 30 April 2010

Another Post

A hectic week at work this week. I have less than 50% of my team in due to holidays and sickness and I have spent most of the week answering the telephone.So much for the strategic side of my job.

At work the single status row rumbles on and trenches are being dug.Which side are you on, boys? (and of course girls and transgender colleagues) A review of our service is under way and most of us are fearful of the outcomes.

A colleague has been suspended for trying to enforce performance policies and has been accused of harassment and bullying. Our hostile, vindictive and incompetent management (always a very bad combination but in my experience all too common) have seized on an opportunity to take action against a long running thorn in their side.

At home this,our 25th wedding annniversary week has been quiet and pleasant, a warm glow of love and happiness all around us.

A nice contrast to the increasingly bitter and unwelcoming environment I face each day at work.

Holidays cannot come soon enough.

No comments: