Monday 19 April 2010

Monday Monday

I was off work on Friday (continuing my deck cleaning duties in case you are wondering). Friday and Saturday were sunny and bright and a breeze, so typical of North East england was blowing. The sky was cloudless and blue. I had to wear sunglasses to treat my deck as the sun shone reflected back like a mirror from its beautifully cleaned surface!!! There was a smell of the seaside in the air and in the eerily quiet skies (no planes- volcanic ash from Iceland)you could hear above the muted traffic noise seagulls screeching.

It felt good to be off work for three days, there was more time to do those things you have to cram into the two day weekend, more time to do , well just nothing. I felt more relaxed this Monday morning when I woke up than I usually feel.

Weekends should be three days, not just a miserly two, every week.

No comments: