Friday 23 April 2010

Friday I'm In Love

Friday today,the working week is almost over. It's been a funny week at work. My desk,which normally is buried under letters and complaints and post it notes to ring people back,is surprisingly clutter free. It's not that I have worked any harder to clear it. It seems that it is just unusually quiet. It's like the post Easter holiday rush has not started. Maybe the volcanic ash cloud has stopped them all coming back from Seahouses or from their caravan " up the coast".

I'm off to St James Park for the promotion party tomorrow.I'm not particularly bothered and probably the match itself will be crap what with neither Newcastle nor Ipswich with anything much left to play for but my wife wanted to go. The things you do for love, eh? Our son , who is back up for the weekend refused to go on principle. He looked at me and shook his head and said "How can you?" " You'll understand, one day, son" I replied.

Talking of which,it is our 25th wedding Anniversary on Monday. Hard to believe that its been that long.It's been hard at times but we have made it through to a pretty big milestone.Regrets? I have a few but I still love my wife as much as I did 25 years ago. I just forgot how much for a couple of years.

Relations are up for the weekend, we will probably go out for a meal tonight no celebrations of our anniversary though. Our wedding was a small affair at Brixton Registry Office,just us and two witnesses.We got the bus back up the hill home and stopped off to buy toilet roll at the local shop on the way.Over the years we have forgotten about our anniverary but recently it has started to mean more to my wife. I'll have to go and get a small present for her- just to prove to her that I love her. The things you do for love, eh?

No comments: