Sunday 19 September 2010

Keep On Running

Today was Great North Run day. I finished in 2:20:45 a big improvement on last year and next year I will be coming in under 2:20. The extra training paid off. Now to keep it going through the Winter.

I enjoyed the run which is not something I can say every  year but this time I could feel I had done enough  preparation. The crowds were as big as ever .This year many more people seemed to be walking especially up John Reid Road

I actually saw some people I knew as well- James and Jess- normally I never see anyone I know. The weather was OK but as I crossed the finish instead of the Red arrows it was a cloud burst and I got soaked. Journey back on the Bus was good  though and I was home with a cup of tea by half past two.

Roll on next year.

No comments: