Wednesday 14 October 2009

Lynch Mob

Sometimes in my job you have to meet people who quite frankly you would avoid in your personal life. Tonight I went to a meeting in a small community up by the airport. It is Royston Vasey only without Tubs, but I'm willing to bet that Pauline is there with her job club. In short it is a local houses for local people sort of a place and most "incomers" ,and yes they do use that word, get a hard time.

For the last 5 months I have gone to a meeting there about 1 family who are "terrorising" the village. This "family from hell" consists of the mum, her nineteen year old son who has learning difficulties and his younger brother and sister. Now they are not completely innocent but, faced with the barrage of hostility and rudeness from the locals ever since they they dared to move there six years ago, I'm not surprised they have reacted badly on occasion when they have been abused by their neighbours.

Anyway I really would rather just forget it than go over it again out of work, but the lack of charity and compassion and the mob mentality that can afflict some people makes me despair.

Jamie T - Sticks and Stones

No comments: