Thursday 22 October 2009

Absence makes the heart....

Sorry my dear reader I have been a bit remiss in posting this week and as I can see for the whole of October. I am away for the weekend from today so this is a sort of catch up post and also a promise of more regular updates in November.

No real reason for the lack of posting. I can't, regrettably, say that I was on a secret spy mission or even helping the Police with their enquiries into a multi million pound diamond robbery on the Cote D'Azur . Life, dear reader, simply got in the way.

I haven't listened to much music this week , mostly because I have been getting lifts into and from work due to the rain and so I have missed my main music listening times. I won't get to listen to much over the weekend either as I am parent visiting.

Its the annual family get together in Norfolk.As we are so dispersed - Norfolk, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, Newcastle and now, as our son is at Uni, London it's hard for us all to get together. We are not a particularly close family but this once year thing means that we all get together, our kids get to be together and it's a way of keeping the bond of family tight. It's not a very exciting weekend but it forces us all to acknowledge that we are family and recognise that that is important and in these more anonymous and individualistic times.

When I am in doubt about music or need to get back into it, I always go back to my favourite bands. As regular perusers of this Blog will know my favourite band of all time is The Wedding Present.

A slightly different link today. It's still The Wedding Present but this is a video shot as part of a Yorkshire TV documentary on David Gedge back in 2004. They are actually playing a Cinerama song in this clip

Careless

No comments: