Tuesday 27 October 2009

Back To Life

Well, I survived the weekend with the family- just. This year was not so good. The children are perhaps too old to spend three days with all their family in the seaside town they forgot to close down. I do sometimes think Morrissey had Hunstanton in mind when he wrote that song. My sister got on my nerves as she just didn't shut up. She had an opinion about everything especially, immigration which vexes the small town folk of the south- east greatly, if judged by my family at least.Those Poles and eastern europeans. eh!!! My Mum and Dad obviously find it all a bit much- the whole family for the whole weekend and are making less and less effort. The only bright spot was seeing our son who came up for the weekend. He seems in good form.

Anyway we are back in the North East. I'm off work and spending time chilling , rather than doing the decorating/deck cleaning I am supposed to be doing. My wife doesn't seem to mind so what the hell. Anyway its a long winter ahead. Dark when you wake up and dark from 5pm so plenty of time to decorate the house. And the decking can wait.

As usual I made up a CD of songs for the journey down to the parent's. I have done this for 10 years now and it has been a good way of introducing the children to bands they wouldn't otherwise come across and broadening their musical horizons. At least that is my excuse for making up CDs of my favourite songs and playing them at loud volume in the car. Unfortunately I forgot to take it with us this year. My daughter asked me where it was and chastised me for forgetting it.

Anyway see what you think

Sunny Hunny Oct 09

It's a zip file so you may need to download some program to unzip it.

No comments: