Wednesday 7 March 2012

Posh We Are Again

On my way today with my son to see Peterborough United v Millwall at London Road. It’s the first time I ‘ve been there this season With my son being away on his Year Abroad my football spectating has dropped to really low levels. Two away matches this season is all I’ve managed.

I’m hoping for a good result , Millwall are a place below us in the Championship and a win tonight would put real distance between us and the ”drop zone”- I have come to love that phrase despite its American origins.

Honestly I think we are safe now and only absolute and complete capitulation in our remaining matches will mean we get relegated this year. But still whilst it’s a mathematical possibility I’ll worry just a tiny bit.

I watched QPR- The Four Year Plan on iPlayer last night. It was a brilliant piece of documentary filming and really captured what it is to be a fan of a club outside of the Premier League with maverick owners who want success but don’t really know how to go about it in the football world. I recommend you catch it on BBc iPlayer in the next few days. The Italians Briatore and Paladini didn’t come out of it too well, in my opinion.

Well here I go. UTP

EDIT

I meant to post that yesterday but forgot. Anyway Posh were truly awful and a distinctly mediocre but better disciplined and passionate team put 3 past us. I don't think we had a shot on target.

My worry levels have now increased as we have a difficult end of season run in with 4 out of the five top teams to face. Darren Ferguson says we need another 12 points to guarantee safety. On last night's performance I can't see us getting them.

No comments: