Monday 16 November 2009

Just Like That

So, Darragh Macanthony (our millionaire overseas property magnate Chairman) has appointed Kettering Boss Mark Cooper to the job at Posh. Mr Cooper has management experience (so one up on Darren Ferguson at the time of his appointment) but, (and this is a BIG but) only at Conference level. Now this would have been fine by me if we were still in League Two and I would not have been too bothered if we had been in League One. However,bottom of the Championship we may be, but it is STILL the Championship and a much different League - as we have already found out.Darren's managerial shortcomings have been - if only sightly-exposed and now we are asking a lower league manager to sort it out. Big long ball, anyone?

Darragh is a very successful businessman. He is a millionaire.I know this because he and other have repeatedly told us so. So one part of me says "We can trust his judgement, he knows success and business and what works". He has appointed another "young and hungry manager"- younger than Darren was three years ago. But I just wonder. His letting go of Darren without much fuss. His quick appointment of an inexperienced (at this level) new guy has a tinge of either desperation or "couldn't care that much" about it. I hope I am wrong.

Good luck Mark Cooper I am behind you as I get behind any manager of my team. I don't hold out much hope for our chances of survival in the second tier unless we get some decent defenders in, whoever is the Gafffer.

No comments: