Thursday 19 November 2009

Thursday's View

This week has been frankly tedious. I have done precious little at work so far as I have cleared up any backlog that existed last week. This week has been mostly about chasing up other people to find out why they haven't done what they said they were going to do and interviewing /telephoning tenants who haven't paid their rent. It's always the same question " why are you trying to evict me". I have honed my response down over the years to the simple "Because you are not paying your rent". slightly insulting maybe but quite effective against the usual surly attitude of our "customers".

Thierry Henry has gone down in my estimation after last night's handball incident against Ireland in the Play offs for the 2010 World Cup.Clear handball. Having said that the Irish should have put it beyond such cheating and there was no guarantee they would have beaten France on penalties (where it was heading.It is a funny old game. It is now surely time for video technology. Platini will be chuffed.

No comments: